Adding A Little Texture: Redesign Phase 1

_________________________________________________________________________________


Over the past few months, I've been working hard to refresh the look of Texture Design and give it a new face. It all started when I decided to redesign the website. (which I'll talk about next week on the blog) But as I began re-working the site, I decided to change up the logo, colors, and branding. (You know how one creative task can lead to twenty more...) So I am taking the next 3 weeks to talk about the entire redesign. Every monday in the month of August, I will talk about the changes in Texture Design and the creative process behind it. Today, I'm talking about the logo, business cards, and other branding ideas!


Above you can see the entire look. My favorite part is how clean and airy it feels. It leaves room to play up textures. You will see an example of this on the new homepage where I use a variety of textured materials. The color of the new logo was a pretty easy choice. I'm attracted to anything seafoam! :) I think it is important to select a color that you are naturally attracted to because then you know you'll continue to like it over time. The new logo is very similar to the old except I placed it in a circle - a small change can make a big difference. I like how the logo contains itself now, it lends itself to more things like labels, stamps, watermarks, etc. You can compare the two versions below. 


I printed my business cards with a different company this time. I decided to try Primo Cards. I think they did a great job. I was very happy with the experience and options. In the very top image you can see that I did purchase a rubber stamp for Texture. It has been a great tool in placing the new logo on all types of materials. The greatest part about the stamp is that it adds "texture" to the logo! I purchased my stamp from www.rubberstamps.net. I would highly recommend them as well.



Check back in every Monday in August for next blog installment of the Texture re-design! Next week I'll be showcasing the new website and talking about the design process!!

Less than 4 weeks until we open our Etsy Shop!!! Woo Hoo! We'll keep you posted!

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments :

  1. Looking forward to your post on your website redesign! Love the new logo/branding by the way. It is more timeless and has more personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drew! Appreciate the feedback and encouragement!

      Delete

1 09 10